To leave a comment, click on the header. You have to be "in" the post for the comments to appear. THANKS!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Santa Baby: The Aspiring Author's Version

It's amazing how changing just a few lyrics to one of my favorite holiday songs makes it just perfect for aspiring authors!  I'd take any of these gifts please.

 
Santa baby, slip an agent under the tree, for me
I’ve been an awfully good girl
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, I’d like to sell at auction too, for two
Million bucks would be nice
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Think of all the sleep I’ve missed
Think of my characters who got to kiss
Next year I could write oh so good
If you’d check off my Christmas list

Santa honey, I wanna shot
And really that’s not a lot
Been working so hard all year,
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa cutie, there’s one thing that I really crave – a rave
Review of my latest work
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa baby, you know what really would make me squeal? A deal!
Sign your “X” on the line
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Come and trim my Christmas tree
With a list of requested autographs from me
I really do believe in you,
Let’s see if you believe in me.

Santa baby, forgot to mention something so tame: pure fame
The Stephanie Meyer’s kind
Santa baby, and hurry down my chimney tonight.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for dropping by.