To leave a comment, click on the header. You have to be "in" the post for the comments to appear. THANKS!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Best I've Read 2010

Stealing the "Best I've Read 2010" theme from Mundie Mom's, I decided to share some of my personal favorites from the past year.
I remember composing this list for 2009, and it had amazing titles on it like Shiver, Need, The Pace and Beautiful Creatures.  So what about 2010... did it live up to my expectations?  Yes and no.

The sequels to some of the 2009 titles that I loved so much were disappointing.  Other than Beautiful Darkness (which I haven't read yet), I found round II of these books far less engaging than the original. But I found some new titles -- which are sure to be the first in their own series -- that captured by attention in 2010.

For instance, I loved Firelight by Sopie Jordan.
White Cat by Holly Black was awesome.
And My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent was one of those sequel books that DIDN'T disappoint.
Other than that, I don't know that I was really "wow"ed by anything.  I read a whole bunch of good books, don't get me wrong, but not all that many that knocked it out of the park.  In the interest of full disclosure, I've only just started The Eternal Ones and haven't yet open Paranormalcy, both of which I expect to be excellent.  (Here's hoping anyway.)

What about you... how do you think 2010 faired in new titles?  What did I miss that would've turned my whole opinion of the year around?

7 comments:

LM Preston said...

Love your Best Read List. Do you have a Sleeper Good Reads List? You know of books you didn't expect to be so good :-D

Jessie Harrell said...

Ha! I generally don't read a book unless I expect it to be great. Although Draw the Dark was even better than I expected. :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't read these. Yet. :-)

Have you read Ship Breaker? If you like post-apocalyptic stories, it's a must read.

Jessie Harrell said...

thanks, @writesbymoonlight - I'll have to check that one out

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

I enjoyed Crescendo and the Healing Spell. Have the White Cat on my table to read.

Lisa_Gibson said...

I loved The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. It was awesome. Check it out.
Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

Beth said...

Love this! Slip an agent down the tree for me too!!!
beth-project52.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for dropping by.