1. What is the best book you've ever read?
Tough question! I don't know how I can pick just one. Nathaniel Hawthorne's story, Rappaccini's Daughter, has always been up there. I will also always love Twilight.
2. What is your sport of choice? To play or watch?
3. What's the coolest place you've ever visited?
There's nothing un-cool about Paris, so I guess it wins. But visiting the ancient ruins in Greece is up there too.
4. Favorite song or artists?
5. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Slow drivers! Step on the gas pedal. As my momma always used to say, "It's the narrow one next to the brake."
6. What is your brand of geek? (Or obsession?)
I'm an appellate lawyer and I like it. 'Nuf said.
7. What movie do you have memorized, word for word?
Top Gun (and... I just dated myself)
8. If you could choose one myth to be true, which would it be: Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy?
I'd have to go with Santa. Christmas magic tops everything.
9. What food is your nemesis?
Chocolate! And hot chips and salsa from an authentic Mexican restaurant. Nom, nom, nom.
10. Which army would you choose to defend your home? Ninjas, or Cowboys?
I was going to say Ninjas but then realized cowboys have guns, and since guns beat swords, I've gotta go cowboys.
11. What is your favorite or most embarrassing nick name?
My maiden name is Dalton and I loved marine animals when I was younger, so I picked up the nickname Dolphin as a high school freshman.
And now for my completely random 11 facts:
1. I don't eat seafood. No, not even lobster, or shrimp, or Alaskan king crab legs. Yes, I am from Florida.
2. I started law school before I was old enough to drink. The welcome-to-law school pub crawl kinda blew.
3. I don't type properly. I'm pretty fast and decently accurate, but my fingers do not go where they're supposed to.
4. My current song obsession is San Francisco by the Mowgli's.
5. I recently broke my 20-year potato chip fast for a can of low sodium Pringles. Don't judge me.
6. I was a band geek who played flute and oboe but wasn't very good at either.
7. Hubby and I will celebrate our 12 year anniversary this summer. Group awwwww....
8. I don't like snow skiing. At all. Direct quote from my last vacation, said to hubby, while on the slopes: "I cannot conceive of an activity I would hate more than this." Apparently I get dramatic when I'm having a panic attack.
9. Firecracker red hair dye is not a good look on me. I know this from experience.
10. I don't go for men in uniform - give me a guy in a well-tailored suit any day.
11. My closest brush with fame (other than writing a book, I suppose) was being selected as a Jr. Orange Bowl Princess (2nd runner up) in Martin County at the ripe old age of 11. Feel free to kiss my ring. Ha!
I'd love to hear your randomness now. Please share something with me! Rather than tagging 11 more people (my gift to all of you), just share some random fact (or openly mock my facts - I'm cool with that too).